After updating windows 7, you might also experience that the Documents and Settings folder can no longer be opened.
It happened in my laptop after installing the updates from Microsoft.
This is what I did.
1. Right click documents and settings and click properties menu.
2. On the property window click “security” tab.
3. Scroll down on the permission for Everyone.
4. Uncheck Deny on the special permission. If it can’t be unchecked, remove “everyone” from the group or usernames by clicking the “Remove” button and proceed below. If it can be unchecked then click apply and you’re done.
5. After removing “Everyone”, add it back by clicking the “Add” button.
6. On the “select user or group” window, click “advance” button.
7. click “Find Now” button leaving the text fields empty.
8. Choose “Everyone” and click the “OK” button.
9. Apply all changes, and you’re done.